Vent about my husband, don't know what to do anymore

ok so we are only married a year and have a 5month old baby. anyway he works nights and gets home at 9am, he always says he will help me, but when he gets home all he does is play on his laptop or playstation, its really hard to get him to do anything with our baby or anything else around the house. i dnt expect much done, just to clean up after himself or if he can't find something, go find it himself, hes always telling me to go find it for him. i feel so unappericated and like his maid. don't know what to do anymore, if i tell him he never helps me with our baby, he will tell me he does. the only time he does is when the baby is napping and i get a chance to have a shower or take the dog for a walk, the baby is always still asleep by the time im doen and then its back to me ???

otoole

Asked by otoole at 9:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Make a list of things you'd like him to do to help out and ask him to look it over, prioritize things and tell you what he can take care of on the list. I often ask dh where his priorities are when he;s being less than helpful. But it's a long process if they don't get it right away and will likely need reminders.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• toddler tantrum

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• im sorry your having such a crappy time, there is no reason for him to think that he doesnt have to help out with the baby and at a time that the baby was awake and not sleeping...have you tried to talk to him about it?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• yeah iv tired talking to him about it but he gets all defensive and says he does so much and hes tired all the time, the reason he is tired all the time is because he stays up playing video games when he should be a sleep and then he only gets 3 hours sleep befor he has to get up for work again. he makes me so mad
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2011