Anyone with skids...

MY SO is having a really hard time bonding with my kids. He feels guilty for not being with his kids and being with mine. I can't say i understand it because I don;t I can't say I wouldn;t feel the same way if in his shoes because I don't know...I did know it wasn;t going to be easy for him coming home to me and my kids when just 7 months ago he was going home to his kids...not his ex...they were seperated but he had to wait till he found a place to move out. He gets them every weekend and they have been sick the past week and everything in him is telling him to be with his kids and it's causing problems with us. I don't know how to handle this at all. Any advise would be appreciated. I'm trying to be understanding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• If it were me, I would be over there checking on my kids every day until they were better or talking on the phone with them. Wouldn't you do the same if they were yours? This is a big adjustment for not only him but also his kids.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• As long as their mom is taking care of them when she has them he shouldn't have to worry so much. He has to put you on his top priority list too, and if he can't stop thinking about his kids 24/7 and try to put forth an effort to have a relationship with you & your kids, then it won't work.
    Anonymous

• SKIDS???
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• he has to see theres u and the kids and the kids..he has the wonderful job of balenceing. once the balence is figured out things should get better. gl.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Skids= step kids
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• He's using his kids as an excuse. If he wants a committed relationship with you, then he would be in a committed relationship with you.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2011