It's been 7 months and haven't gotten pregnant yet, any advice?

bpagentwife

Asked by bpagentwife at 5:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• just stay positive, i tried for 2 years.... and finally! i peed on a stick and it was positive :) now im 30 weeks lol.
    but seriously, just stay positive, towards the end of trying i just kept telling my self im pregnant " i know i am" ..."i am so glad im pregnant' i just pounded the thought of being pregnant into my head lol im not saying that iwas how i got pregnant but i think being positive had something to do with it. i know this is kinda weird lol but i cut out this picture from a magazine, its a stick figure of a mom holding a little girls hand... and i taped it to my computer where i will see it every day...and i just reminded myself of how i wanted to be pregnant!

and i was one day, and its even a girl just like the stick figure LOL
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• This is very odd advice but it seems to work. It is sad though.

The moment that I decided that I cannot get pregnant is the moment that I conceived. Apparently, this is sort of common.

On second thought, it is a depressing way to get pregnant. It took me almost 10 years, I really hope that you have better luck!

Best wishes.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Do not get discouraged. My fiance and I have been trying for awhile now and I had finally came and realized the doctors might be right about me not being able to have children even though I'm just 20. But I just found out a few weeks ago that sure enough, I'm pregnant. I'm about 6 1/2 weeks right now. It's a true blessing. Doctors have told me since I was 15 that I might not be able to have children because of cists on my ovaries. So do not loose hope honey. Just pray about it and let God.
    ilovemyboston

Answer by ilovemyboston at 6:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Just keep trying. Remember you generally ovulate 14 days after the first day of your period. Have sex then or a couple days before because sperm lives 5 days. After sex prop your bottom up on a pill and stay laying down atleast 20 minutes. If you arent successful after about 2 yrs you might want to see a doctor. If its any consulation like the previous poster mentioned it seems as soon as you stop trying it happens. A friend of mine wasnt on birth control for 5 yrs and never got pregnant. She finally gave up and got pregnant two months later.

Answer by gemgem at 6:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I highly suggest using a site such as fertilityfriend.com and take your BBT (basal body temperature) every morning. This will help you learn when you do ovulate and you can time sex better. I dont ovulate till cycle day 20+ so if I only had sex around cd14 like they tell you to, I would never have gotten pregnant (I am now 31 wks pregnant after 11 months of trying, sadly I did not ovulate for 10 months.) Also the temping can tell you whether you are ovulating. I suggest seeking medical advice after 12 months, often it can be something simple with dh or you. Chin up and if you havent already, join a TTC group here :)
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Hang in there and enjoy the sex :)
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 7:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Are you having sex? That's how I got pregnant.
    Anonymous

• It took us 9 months just keep trying dont turn it into a chore make sure sex is still fun and it will be easier to do. GL
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• We tried for 7 months to get pregnant with DD. I finally called the o.b. and they told me to use ovulation prediction kits she wanted me to start taking them from the day I stopped bleeding until I got a pos or started bleeding agin. (She thought I was not ovulating) She said that when I did not get a positive she could do a blood test to confirm and then give me a drug to make me ovulate. I started the test and low and behold I got a pos. we tried and we got preggo. the pressure was off, The doctors were gonna help me if I didn't get preggo. Call you O.b. and talk to them so they can help you to relax.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I used fertilityfriend.com I also suggested it to a friend who was having a very hard time getting preg and it worked for her, now she has a little boy and I have a little girl. DO NOT pay for anything we did not!! Try it, what do you have to loose?
    determind

Answer by determind at 10:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008