HOW MANY OZ ARE 3 MO BABIES SUPPOSE TO BE EATING?

flgatorchick15

Asked by flgatorchick15 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it depends. my daughter nursed but she only ate around 3-4 ounces every 2 hours. i only know b/c I only made about 4oz in one and about 2 oz in the other. weird that you can tell about how much they are getting when they are nursing.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 5:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my daughter at 3 months usually ate between 5 and 6 oz every 4 hours but it varies from kid to kid. as long as they arent screaming from starvation or appearing dehydrated then youre fine. dont worry about over feeding either. they stop when that tummy is full
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• ive always been told an oz for every hour. so if its been 4 oz since the last feeding....about 4 oz give or take. when feeding from a bottle they get the milk so fast that they will keep eating and eating because they havent had time to realize their belly is full. Just like they tell adults that youll eat less if you eat slower. when feeding with a bottle you should have them take 3-5 drinks then take the bottle and make them wait a second. good luck
    qtdavis

Answer by qtdavis at 6:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• 3-4oz every 2-3h is what my boy did. I would just fill the bottle with about4-5 oz and feed him...he will stop when he is done. but I think its like 25oz a day is what they need to get.
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 7:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT my son eats 5 oz every 3 hours and has been for the last month and a half. (he's 4 months now)
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my daughter eats anywhere from 4-8oz. most of the time she will eat about 6 1/2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2008