Early Headstart and Daycare question

DD3 is fully potty trained and I want her to go to early headstart this coming school year but if she goes it starts from 7am to 5:30pm M-F is that too long for her to be away from me? She is very anxious about going to school and has already learned how to write a few letters in the alphabet.

I also have DS2 but I know he can't go to headstart because he is too young. DH is the only one working right now and we can't afford daycare but I want to work. I have no sitter for him and idk what else to do besides sit a home with him the extra money from me working would really help though. DH works Monday-Saturday from 9am to 7pm sometimes 8pm any suggestions on what we can do?

nightngale83

Asked by nightngale83 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in

• If you are at work you 'gotta do what you gotta do' I am a single mom and my dd is at preschool from 7-4:30 m-f. I love her dearly and have no choice. I am happy to know that in the meantime she is learning, building social skills, motor skills and in a happy good environment.
    Anonymous

• Can't you find a program that is just three hours? That is ridicules to have to send her that long, when you are home.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• But I plan on getting a job
    nightngale83

Comment by nightngale83 (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• well i would find a job first to see what your hours are. and there is also daycare assistance which actually goes by income. not sure what the income would be with just your husband but it migh be a better option considering if you do not want to send her that many days for that long. i would ask alot of questions. i am sure you do not have to drop her off at 7am ect. do they have a half day program. ect. with the daycare assistance i know in our area its specific daycares that take it and you pay a copay. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Personally I don't think a 3 yr. old should be in a "school setting" for more than 2 hours at a time. In our state SRS will help a person find daycare.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would find a job first to see what your hours are; look into if your employer offers any daycare programs after you find a job some places offer daycare for their workers and there is also daycare assistance which actually goes by income. not sure what the income would be with just your husband but it might be a better option considering if you do not want to send her that many days for that long. I would ask alot of questions. I am sure you do not have to drop her off at 7am ect. do they have a half day program. ect. with the daycare assistance I know in our area its specific day cares that take it and you pay a copay. good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2011