Baby Poop Question.

My baby hasn't been going poop every day. She may go every other day and its either really soft or really hard. I just don't know what to do about it or if I should even worry. She is 10 months old, she doesn't have teeth yet she eats a little amount of solids ( small pieces of chicken or Turkey hotdog) and basically has been eating the Gerber baby foods. Except for the past few weeks she spits them out I open a jar and she may eat a few mouths full . ( I think due to teething) She doesn't want to eat her baby foods. I try and get some yogurt or Peaches , somekind of fruit in her once a day to get her to stay regular. Has this happened to you before with your baby? If so what why and what changed this?

Right now she drinks about 4 oz of reg baby formula every 2-3 hours.. she isn't demanding it at all. When I think she is hungry I will give her a bottle. We try and do two even just one meal that is Food, Food.

Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had a child with constipation issues from birth! i worried myself sick over it because he would cry with his belly hurting! does she cry like her belly hurts? the drs told me that once a week was ok for a bowel movement! i just laughed and kept worrying about it! so every other day sounds ok! but when he was 3 they put him on miralax! so the main thing is is it bothering her?
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 9:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Try giving her water if she isn't drinking it yet. That could help. My dd has huge pooh's, and she has had them since she was 7 months, she's 3 now. I talked to the dr about it and it's basically come back to the fact that my dd dosen't eat enough fruits and veggies. She is thankfully now into the swing of them but for a while I had to disguise them and she really doesn't get enough that way.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• pear juice
    Anonymous

• if she isn't in pain then she is probably fine. not everyone goes every day
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• no answer, but a bump
    good luck
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 10:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• after my son turned 1 my dr. recommended putting a teaspoon of milk of magnesia (sp?) in his milk as needed. Ask your ped. if that could help, if it is bothering her that is. If not I think that once every two days is normal...
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• try pears and gerber also has baby prunes if she doesnt lke how they taste mix thm with something she does like but pears semms to help mine whenever she get a lil constipated
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2011