Do you hate your cable company?

We have Comcast cable and they have been giving us terrible service. We have high speed internet, and for the last month, it have been giving us problems. They cannot fix it. Either myself or my husband is on the phone with customer service every day. Of course, we live in a rural area, and they are the only providers in our area!

I really hate it when a company has a monopoly on a service and they act like they care, but really they know that they have you by the short hairs so they won't fix your problems! I am ready to go to the Better Business Bureau with them over this!

How is your cable company where you live?

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Technology

• I also have Comcast. I have no problems with the service-I have cable, internet and phone through them. But the bastards get a large percentage of my check every month. It's highway robbery!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I have comcast and love the service NEVER any problems with service. The bill on the other hand is outrageous.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• No, I have too many other important things to hate.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• We have satellite - DirecTV. We are satisfied with the service that we receive.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• this is so ironic, my cable company just left my house 30 min. ago! I was soo ticked that my Internet wouldn't work, off and on for 3 weeks now. Well. it took them 20 min. no cost to me and the problems fixed! Our co. is pretty good but where we live, there is no competition. than god they're decent! I would suggest you do contact them, the more people that does, maybe something will be done!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• If you just recently signed up for the internet with in the last 30 days you can get your money back its part of their comcast customer gaurntee. I work for comcast-not as anything technicial just as a billing rep. Sorry your having issues.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i had comcast then bought a house were they dont provide for yet i never had trouble with them but agree to much money went to them.. i now have tds and was able to pick a package online and even see what my monthy rate would be before i bought. i spend 120 a month for phone internet cable ( dish ) i have showtime and everything and as a thank u for my bussiness they sent me a 300.00 walmart gift card ( spent that already lol ) down fall.. no on demand. upside included in the 120 a month is a dvr ( which is only 6.00 a month were comcast was 15 a month ) i love the dvr. and the cable is a dish but wind snow sleet it still works. very happy.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I just want to say, that I have lived in other places and had Comcast, and had no problems at all. It's just that out here in the sticks, they are not very nice. The techs that come to the house are NOT the problem. The company will NOT fix the line that has the problem on it. We are the only house on the stupid line. It was down for 6 hours today, and still doesn't work! I don't mind paying for something, but when I am paying for something and not getting it, that's total crap!
    dwmom2008

Comment by dwmom2008 (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• We have Comcast and they are truly one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. We had serious problems with them years ago, and I swore I'd never go back, but now we are in an area where they are the only company (go figure) and my husband and I are both in school full-time online, so...Comcast it is. :-P

I can't tell you how many times they've shut off our service on accident (when it was supposed to be a neighbor's shut off) or the services stop working completely and they have no idea why. (One of the reasons turns out because the apartment complex we live in has only one router box for the whole place - which is huge - and we are on the tail end, so we basically have no signal.) They've also failed to show up FOUR different times! Thank goodness they've started offering a $20 credit for any service no-show, or I'd be completely livid. Gahhhhh. Hate them.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Comcast is having major issues all over and they are working on it to try and fix the problem we have it also and we have had some problems(where our internet phone and cable will all go down for half hour to an hour and then come back up) but they are always willing to do whatever they can. It isn't necessary to call the BBB about it. Just keep calling them and have them come out and look. There may be faulty wiring some place and no one has discovered it yet.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2011