The Democrats (that's the elected ones with a capital D)

have a proven track record of not reading any legislation before the vote on it, up to and including that which is endorsed by their own part. Remember - you have to pass it to know what's in it. What reason do you have to believe they've actually read Ryan's plan in order to complain about it? (as opposed to reading the talking points handed to them by party insiders telling them what to think)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• For the most part, I've only ever thought that politicians are only versed in the legislation that they bring to the table. The rest is discussed over martini's and lap dances and what they will get in kickbacks.

Anonymous

• I don't think any of the elected officials- democrat or republican- give a shit about what happens to this country. It seems like it is all about who has the bigger dick and who has the most "wins" (most people in their party in office). I am so sick of the bickering, slandering, and over all trash talk that goes on. I just wish that once there could be a vote or discussion where we weren't told whether the person was a D or an R. Just see what they plan to do and how they will get it done. I am over the drama. If I want to see people sling mud at each other and talk over each other, I'll just bring my kids to the park.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You know what it means when you assume something?

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

You hear the words "hope" and "change" and vote for Obama?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

lol...yup, it means your check is NOT in the mail.
    Anonymous

• I know what it means. :-)
    And yes, it is not good to assume that ALL Politicians do not care. Some actually READstuff... and tell us that they don't like the fact that so many DO NOT read bills,etc. before they are passed. And, some are actually DEMOCRATS and they are very conscientious and care about their constituents, the people of their state.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• And you think Republicans do read bills? LOL I find the majority of complaints from conservatives about Democrats and the majority of complaints from liberals about Republicans are interchangeable for the most part and it's incredibly naive that so many think that somehow the other side isn't as bad.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• and what ever happened to supporting the president? Democrats hated on bush and now act surprised that republicans talk trash about Obama. Nothing important is getting accomplished because everyone is too sidetracked with not letting the "other" party pass anything. I'm over it.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Ooooh, two votes down because people can't accept reality, that our entire political system is completely corrupt. LMAO, I love when people vote down things because they are unable to come to terms with the idea that there are no good guys in politics, that their side is truly just as money hungry and selfish as the other side.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I love when people vote down things because they are unable to come to terms with the idea that there are no good guys in politics

No, I voted you down for posting a nice long rant without even bothering to answer the question. Can't speak to the other one. If you want to debate pubs and what they read, feel free to start your own question, in the meantime, quit chewing the scenery.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011