How do i get my son to go to sleep in his own bed?

I know to put my son in his own room and let him cry it out but how do i transition him from spending the night out then coming home to sleep in his own bed..Most of the time he spends the night somewhere else they dont have his own room so he sleep in someone else's room.

Love_Levi

Asked by Love_Levi at 9:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you work nights? If so, part of it is probably that he wants to be with you specifically. The other part where he's just not used to it, might be able to be alleviated by getting him an air mattress (they make these cute, toddler sized air mattress/sleeping bag combos--we use them on vacation, and they are pretty cheap) with a pillow and blankie, etc that is just for him, and that is where he sleeps when he is somewhere else. Then, when he is home, you can try using it in his room until he gets used to the idea of sleeping in his own room. The trick with toddlers is consistency...so that might help, since his location transitions so much.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I don't work it all it's just that sometimes my family wants to take him over night. Thank you for your help though
    Love_Levi

Comment by Love_Levi (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2011