Have you ever cooked game animals? How do you prepare them?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 9:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• With lots of seasoning. onions and peppers. I helped butcher a deer many years ago and made sausage etc. I think now I would rather be a vegeterian that ever do that again.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• What do you want to cook? I make excellent game! Duck, pheasant, venison, elk,walleye.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• well, nothing specific yet... my husband wants to start hunting again (he did as a teenager) but I've never cooked any of that stuff before so I'm a bit hesitant
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I make all kinds of stuff with venison. Stroganoff, fried and breaded, roasts. Duck, orange sauce or stewed. Pheasant seared in white wine and rolled in flour braised.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Only pheasant & deer. Pheasant we put in the crock pot, like chicken, then de-bone, feel for BBs, and use like cooked chicken - for hotdish, mostly. I don't cook it plain, to serve just as itself. Deer - I prefer to either grind it and use as hamburger - nothing extra needed - or roasts - throw the roast in the crock pot, dump on a packet of onion soup mix OR a bunch of chopped onion, black pepper, and beef boullion, add in a little oil and some water, and let it cook - my kids prefer that over a beef roast. We bring our trimmings to the local locker and have them made into jerky sticks.
    Anonymous