Anyone else agonize over having to take your baby/kids to get shots?

My 6 mo old had to get shots today and I felt SOOOOO bad on the way there, I literally had butterflies in my stomach! haha

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 9:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah. I am on the fence between immunizing and every time I read reports for or against it my head starts to spin and I feel like I am going to go crazy! Just do what you think is best and know that it is in your child's best interest.
    Anonymous

• yeah, all of that controversy doesn't help anything at all!!!
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I always dreaded it just because I knew it was gonna hurt them! I can't stand to see them hurt!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I always felt so bad when they cried so hard. But after a minute or two they were fine again. They were good about it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I never did. I always felt it was better to get the vax than the disease. If there was a reaction, then I would deal with it. No sense worrying about what you cannot control. Hang in there, as they get older, they get less and less shots. It gets easier!

hugs

dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It has never ever bothered me for some reason, I must be heartless.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I used to be a wreck, until i realized that my DD only freaked, when i was anxious or nervous.
    So now i always schedule her shots around nap time, so she is tired already, she cries for a few minutes, and we go home and she sleeps it off and wakes up just fine. Im ok about shots now, but blood draws are still really hard for me. I hate holding her down.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It still does! We have the 4-year-old shots in a couple of weeks (like FIVE SHOTS) -- and I am stressing already!!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• yes, it's hard to know that even if it's going to help, there's a mandatory pain that is inflicted that you know you're driving her/him into... i know the pain of it. sucks. lol
    but like i said, it's worth it.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 10:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I don't immunize. I did my first three for the first couple of years. Then I did my research and decided against it. I recommend to anyone that is going to have them or any procedure/medication for that matter to get all of your facts and make an informed decision. I have signed those papers and they only tell you the bad things about not having it done, they don't tell you anything else. For those that want to, you can always ask for them to be done separately. Remember, this is small amounts of the diseases they are giving your child. The fever, redness, swelling, etc is actually your child fighting off the diseases given. Think of it this way, would you want to fight an upper respiratory infection and a stomach virus at the same time?
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011