Control issues

My ex still trys to control everything in my life. He has remarried but not moved on I guess. He feels the great need to still be the controlling abusive ass he always was. I have had a order of protection put on him but he finds ways to control by talking about me in front of the children and carrying me back to court for everything he can twist around to make me look like a bad mother. It's hard to just even try to talk to him about things going on with the kids because it always opens a door up for him to try to get me to come back. (NEVER WILL HAPPEN). I have had to cut my communication off with him except through text and snail mail. I have even had communication harrassment charges filed on him because of the threats but nothing is ever done to him. I just want to be happy and live my life and raise my kids and be happy. Is there ever a end!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• I guess I you can really do is try to keep the peace for the sake of your children. Pretty soon maybe when your children turn 18 he will be complete history.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 5:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My ex is the same way and I dont know if theres ever an end. I had to get a permenant restraining order and hes the one who cheated and seemed to move onto a new relationship soonest. Im remarried now but he still videotapes me at exchanges, takes me to court every 5 min its seems over stupid things that get dismissed, and uses the court system as a way to further his emotional and mental abuse against me. I try and ignore him and his new gf shes as bad as he is. They even stalk me right here on cafemom. Just lead a good life and try not to let them bother you or affect your happiness.

Answer by gemgem at 6:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Well tell your kids are grown, you will have to put up with him to a certin extent.

Your doing right by only talking to him threw e-mails or snail mail.

If I were you I would go as far as droping  the kids off and picking them up in a public place

I wouldn't let him have my cell phone # either.  Only the house #

Answer by louise2 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008