What is Illuminati?

Do you know anything about this culture? I was told its worshiping (sp) the devil.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• All I "know" about the Illuminati is what I read in "Angels & Demons" and other such books.

So it's suspect at best.

But even then I didn't think it had anything to do with devil worship, although it did place science over religion.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Never heard it associated with the devil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• shhhhhh! I heard it was a government wealthy ppl kind of thing. Don't dig too deep or you'll be sleeping with the fishes lol
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 10:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Oh okay thanks
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It's a common conspiracy theory, and it has nothing to do with religion, aside from the idea that people who are associated with organized religion might be members (if you agree with the whole theory in the first place).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It is one big grand conspiracy theory.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i heard it was something like a very powerful maifa type setting.i just wonder if it;s all bullcrap
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I actually just watched a special on the History channel about this not long ago. According to it the Illuminati was a real group that may or may not have once been associated with the Free Masons (sources couldn't agree on that point). However, it was a small movement and was ordered disbanded at the end of the 18th century.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 1:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-illuminati.htm
    Above is a pretty good link that tells what it was. Interesting.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• The Illuminati Is not really a religion. It is a group of scientists who claim to processes some thing that will bring down religion. There are many debates about whether they ever existed let alone still do. There is many things that show it is most likely true they at one point existed however there is nothing saying they still do. So whether they died away or went underground your guess is as good as mine. However it is a society of scientist not a religion or cult. No they do not worship the devil they just beleive in science and don't beleive in religion. I do know they seemed to have loved pissing of the Catholics.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 6, 2011