Are BH contractions similar to the contrations you expirience in labor?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nope...not for me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes. I've had six babies and six labors, and the only difference I could explain between the BH contractions and early labor was that the labor ones are more regular and get more intense, whereas BH ones don't intensify and are more erratic.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I doubt it...but I wouldn't know, was induced with my first...
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• nope! With my first I went into the hospital thinking I was in labor and they turned out to be BH. Once I went into real labor, I thought, oh now I see :) I told my husband, see with BH I could smile and talk to you still. Real contractions I would sit real quite and have tears in my eyes because of the pain. There was a definite differance between the two.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 10:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• not exactly... labor contractions were much more.... all encompassing
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• For some people they are, for others they're not.

The only way I ever knew I was having a Braxton-Hicks contraction was the physical tightness of my stomach. Labor was much more intense and painful. But then, I've known people whose Braxton-Hicks contractions are very painful, and others whose labor "pains" are not so much.

But in general, if nothing else, Braxton-Hicks contractions are much more random, while in labor the contractions get consistently more regular.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• labor is alot more painful and i felt like i had that feeling like i wanted to push, where as bh were less regular and not as intense. trust me u will no, not fun
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Never had BH, so I don't know....

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2011