My 2 year old just put her hand on our electric stove after it just got turned off...she has some blisters on her fingers...

I put a wet wash rag on her hand and gave her some tylonol what else should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as the skin isn't pealing, neosporin. Don't put a band aid on it til before she goes to bed, let it breathe. If it looks real bad, take her to the ER.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You can put tooth paste on it to help the burning..
    Anonymous

• Put her hand in ice water, or put ice on it. It will stop the burning

Answer by louise2 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Ice=bad...It makes it worse..Kind of like sunburn..If you take a cold shower it will make it worse.
    Anonymous

• NEVER put ice on a burn!!
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• TAKE HER TO THE DOCTOR JUST IN CASE
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would say take her to the doctor. If it's blistered, that's a pretty bad burn. They have stuff they can put on to stop it from getting infected and from scarring. My son burned the whole back of his hand this summer, and you can still see where it was. The doctor told me that any burn that looks worse than just being a little red, you should take them in.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 6:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• NEVER PUT TOOTHPASTE ON A BURN EITHER!!!! My friend's son got a burn from a pot that was on the stove and they put toothpaste on it and we went to the ER and the Dr said to never do that!! Put some burn cream or spray on it and take her to the Dr if it doesn't get better soon. I'm so sorry she got hurt! Hope she feels better soon!

Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Don't put anything with petroleum on it...it'll hold the heat in and cause the burn to go up a degree....last year, my cousin had to go to the emergency room for burns and they prescribed her an antibiotic ointment and sent her home....when she went to burn specialists, they told her that she could've sued the hospital because they prescribed her ointment for burns...turned out, her burns went up a degree until she had 3 degree burns and she should've been kept overnight and sent to the burn ward...
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Take her to the ER but be prepared for CPS to do a full investigation on child neglect. Thats what hapened when my nephew put his hand on her glass top stove.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008