How do you get a friend to stop asking you to come to church events

i'm having a hard time, its not seeming to get through t her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• devilTell her you'd rather be a sinner its more fun that way lol jk

myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 10:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• LOL!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My friend used to this withme too, eventually i just had to lay it out for her. i told her i appreciate the invites but i just dont do church. its not my scene and i dont go for any reason short of a wedding or a funeral, so unless someone i know is getting married, or lord forbid has passed away i'm not going. and then i thanked her again
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 10:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Let's say I'm your friend and I keep inviting you to church events (wait, do I know you? is it me??)

This would work for me; does it work for you?:

"KateD, look, I love you. You're great. But I have to tell you I really don't want to come to church with you. I promise if I change my mind I will let you know, but for now I would really appreciate it if you would lay off. Because I do think you're great, but this is really getting old."
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Is it a church that you don't agree with in doctrine? She probably just wants to spend quality time with you and that is her way of showing it. Her church is probably very special to her and she just wants you to go with her. She'll get the picture after you say "no" a few times. But give her a try and see if you like it.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Are you of that faith? If not you could say something like " it is nice that you want me to go to church events with you but I really am not interested in going. I feel religion is a very personal thing and i have my own religion/faith/beliefs that i practice. I hope you will respect my wishes to not attend church functions with you. i do like you, and i would love to spend time with you doing things other than church events,"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• just tell her the truth that who you not ready
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 5:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2011