Can anyone tell me some not so obvious pregnancy symptoms?

I know there are many such as naseau, heartburn, breast tenderness, and frequent urination but what are some other things?

amwaa13

Asked by amwaa13 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sense of smell
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 10:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Oddly enough..the inner labia and vulva often takes on a blue or purpleish appearance due to increase blood flow.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Bloating. That was the major sign for me this time. (my DS is just 2 weeks old).

But at 6 weeks pregnant I noticed my jeans were a little tighter. I just wrote it off as being bloated because my AF should have been coming. But when it didn't I knew I was pregnant.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• the one that surprised me the most is how utterly exhausted I was during the first trimester... that was the only real symptom I had
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Extreme fatigue and insomnia. I know now that fatigue is a very common symptom, but I never knew that until I got pregnant and was connecting the dots after I already knew. And insomnia was a new one for me, too, especially paired with the fatigue.

And later on, in the 3rd trimester, the hot flashes and night sweats can be killer. It's basically just like anything you've ever heard about menopause.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The weird thing for me was that I had a sore throat. It was middle of may in texas lol. Also getting really hot all the time. When you are pregnant esp with your first it is so hard to describe the fatigue bc it is much more intense than just being tired. My 2nd pregnancy (now) wasn't so bad. But the first, it was ridiculous how tired i was. My bedtime was 8pm on the dot no matter where or what i was doing lol.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• darkening of the nipples and incresed vaginal discharge
    nikki8272010

Answer by nikki8272010 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Stuffy nose, vaginal discharge changes, bluish/purple coloring of the vulva, vagina and cervix, softening of the isthmus of the cervix, making it easier to flex the uterus against the cervix (felt on a bimanual exam), food aversions, mood changes, bloating, skin changes (dark patches, skin tags, increased oil production), vision changes, bleeding gums, nosebleeds, darkening of the areola, libido changes, ballotment (feeling the baby float up and down against the cervix on a bimanual exam), increased sensitivity to sunlight, appetite changes, slight dip in blood pressure, drop in hematacrit, linea negra, swelling, chloasma, foot pain or widening...

I could go on and on and on lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Wanting to eat or drink a lot of something. For me, it was milk. I drank half a gallon of milk a day.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011