Is it better to get a bachelor's in one thing and a master's in the same subject?

or is it ok to get a master's in a totally different subject?

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 10:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• It depends on your purposes and goals.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I agree with too too and also, if one compliments the other or supports the other, that's always good. But you don't have to.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would do opposites,. That is what I am doing now. You will have a masters and have studied in two different areas.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 11:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It's fine. Go with your heart .And good luck.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Actually, it's better that they be different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It depends on what program you are working on and what you ultimately plan to do. Either the subjects are complimentary or else you have substantial work experience in the field you want to get your masters degree in. For instance, an English major with many years in business management would be a better candidate for an MBA program than an English major right out of college. Other programs look for candidates with a variety undergraduate degrees. I happen to have a masters in Library and Information Science. When I was in graduate school, my fellow students were lawyers, chemists, anthropologists, music majors, computer programmers, and teachers.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2011