Fetal movement?

I am 19 weeks today, im wondering when i should start to feel some fetal movement. Ive had a few flutters but no actual kicks. I dont want anything to be wrong, so im just wondering when i should feel h/she move? I will be 20 weeks next thurs 12/18 and have my ultrasound. Thanks for any answers!

momof3tessos

Asked by momof3tessos at 6:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it all depends on the size of your baby, and the size of you. i dont think i felt an actual kick until about 23 weeks. im a bigger girl so theres a lot more fluff for that lil foot to get through lol. but they will come soon enough, and it will happen out of nowhere! and then you wont be able o stop them. but i would sy give it a few weeks and you will definitely be feelin it!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yeah it varies on the baby and your size.. i felt actual kicks consistently at about..23 weeks...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• well im not that big at all but i felt a flutter until i was about 5 months....it just depends on the size of the baby. i have heard of people not even feeling the baby...but just give it time
    angel_lips

Answer by angel_lips at 6:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I wasn't feeling kicks with my first at all until 22 weeks. I felt the flutters with my second just before I was 14 weeks. I was like, that's just not possible, but they only got stronger from there, so I'm positive they were kicks. It actually depends a lot on your amniotic fluid levels. I had tons of fluid with my first, and with the second my levels were so low that I nearly had to have him early.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 6:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I didn't feel movement until 24th/25th week. They told me the way the placenta was positioned could be why I wasn't able to feel the kicks sooner.
    Anonymous

• I felt my baby kick for the first time at 20 weeks. I was laying in the hospital bed because i was having bad cramps. They had me on this monitor for contractions. I heard these loud noises on the monitor and i asked the nurse what it was and she said it was my baby kicking! So i guess my brain put 2 and 2 together and i felt it and heard it at the same time. It was the coolest thing
    babygurl827

Answer by babygurl827 at 4:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am preg with my first, and I felt the first flutters at 20 1/2 wks. I am 22 now and feel flutters more often, but not actual kicks yet!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2008