my dr gave me a prescption for hrydrocodone and won't give me any ansewers on if it is complete safe for the baby is it?

meandcurt101

Asked by meandcurt101 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• he woudlnt have prescribed it if he didnt think so.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i think the same, if it wasnt safe he wouldnt have prescribed it...but it wont hurt to call and demand that he tell you its def safe, i wouldnt say to take it to a local pharmacy because they dont know ur history..it must be safe tho
    angel_lips

Answer by angel_lips at 6:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Go to webmd.com and look it up. To see if it's ok. GL

Answer by louise2 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• What do you mean, "won't give you any answers"? He's just completely ignoring you? I'd find a new doctor if your's can't even talk to you!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I have no idea. But sometimes they will prescribe something that may not be completely safe for the baby, if the untreated condition would be worse for the baby. I had that in my second pregnancy. Thank God he was OK anyway.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 6:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i would NOTTT take that.
    Anonymous

• no it is not good for the baby at all oxy, hrydrocodone or hrydrocoden is very baby if u are pregnant . did the doc know that u are preggo? cause he should have never proscribed that to you if u are
    Anonymous

• Depends on what its for. As long as he knew you were pregnant then yes its ok to take. If you are recovering from surgery or something like that and pregnant they do prescribe that to patients. Its pain medication though and like any pain medication should only be taken when you need it. If you arent in that much pain dont take it and take tylenol instead.

Answer by gemgem at 6:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• what did he prescribe it for?
    Anonymous

• Yes it is safe for baby. The only real issue would be if you used it frequently or for long term. Your baby may have withdrawl symptoms after being born.

I was put on it during my pregnancy and before i took any of it I pulled out my nursing books (I am a nurse) and my drug books to re-verify that it was safe.

And to those women who say that if your doctor prescribes it than it is safe, do not trust that! During my pregnancy I was prescribed a medication that was not safe to take while pregnant. It is always good to double check with a pharmacist or research it on your own.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 6:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2008