Is it bad for your kids to sleep with you?

Wonder my if my brother will have effect on him.My daughter always want to sleep with but i just don't let her because well my bf is a close sleeper so i wonder if its a bad things for kids to sleep with parents.

Alimaya20

Asked by Alimaya20 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• *waits for cosleeping battle to commence*
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 10:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My daughter slept with me in bed & still climbs in every so often she is just fine & I actually enjoy the cuddle time.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• haha thats nice
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I coslept with my oldest til he was about 1, and the youngest just plain refused to sleep unless he was in his own bed, much to my disappointment. I stopped letting my oldest get into bed with me when he was about 8. From about 4 on, I only allow it if they're sick or have had a nightmare.

The reasoning behind why your brother is going to be living with you at such a young age is going to have more of an impact on whether or not it's helpful. Can you give details as to why?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My daughter slept with me until she was like 10 or so--then she stopped. She also stopped hugging because it grossed her out. Sigh....
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Personally I don't think co-sleeping is a bad thing but it depends on the parent very much. Co-sleeping can be a great bonding tool for parents but there are people out there who are uneducated and that's when tragedies happen. Co-sleeping has been around forever and in some countries is still the #1 sleeping choice for moms and kids so it's a personal choice to me, whatever works for the parents.

My daughter is now 4 and she used to sleep with us every once a while, when she was smaller she loved to sleep on top of me and still now when she climbs in with me she needs to be hugged and cuddled and when she has nightmares she will come to bedroom and climb in bed or I have her sleep in the bed with us when she is sick. And my 4 month old sleeps by himself though just because he is very uncomfortable in the bed with us, he prefers being alone.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I don't see a problem with it. It's a family decision.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• our son sleeps with us because he refuses to sleep in his own bed. Not worried about how it will end up because some day he won'twant to sleep wiht mommy & daddy any more...lol
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 11:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i'm just taking my brother for a couple months hes 3 and he loves sleeping with me because hes use to it.
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I say, enjoy the short time you have for such closeness. I can understand not wanting her to make it a habit but you could always make it a one night a week thing or something.
    amwaa13

Answer by amwaa13 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011