Resignation

Reciently found out that my mother in law has breast cancer.She was our babysitter, and is now going through chemo. After talking it over with my husband we decided that is would be in the best interest of everyone for me to resign from my job as a cna so i can stay home with our children and be here for his mother if need be. I have never had to resign from anywhere so i have no clue what to say in a resignation letter. Any help given is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• don't resign. Ask for FMLA so you can keep your job and come back if you need to.
    Anonymous

• I have not been there long enough to get fmla

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Dear Ms. Supervisor,

It is with great regret that I inform you that I must resign my position at XYZ. My last day of employment will be June 3, 2011. Due to an illness in the family, I will be unable to fulfill the commitments of my position for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for the support and the opportunities that you have provided me during the last several years. I have enjoyed my tenure with the company.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ease the transition in any way.

Sincerely,

Anon
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Layh4 is right. Copy that.
    I'm so sorry for this situation and wish you all strength and support.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes I would copy that,sorry to hear about your mother. My prayers goes out to u and yours.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Be honest with them..give them 2 weeks..be available to help train someone else if need be during that time..don't bail before the 2 weeks is over! If you leave on good terms you may have a chance of getting hired back at a later date. My prayers for your family.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• In addition to the great advice above, offer to be available for occasional fill-in, and give at least three weeks notice.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Anon's letter is pretty perfect. G/L!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:31 AM on Jun. 6, 2011