Have you ever bought, or do you know anything about the quality of a factory refurbished macbook?

I'm looking at them on tech4less.com and am wondering if buying a factory refurbished apple product is a good idea or a bad idea.

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Technology

• I haven't, but I've bought other refurbished electronics. I've talked to a few dealers as well, and they said that *most* of the time when an item is "refurbished" it was sent back to the company because the item had a scratch, the customer changed their mind/didn't like something stupid (like the color) and since the box is already opened they can't resell it as a new item, or the packaging was damaged so they returned it for a new one without seeing if it even works. So there is a pretty good probability that your item will be new/very lightly used.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 11:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'm typing on a refurb mac book. It's about 4 years old. Had some hard drive issues in March of this year, but hard drives do fail. Had no issues prior or since. I would get another one if we had the money.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I've never purchased refurb, but if you can get a good enough deal that beats out the retail price and you can get a warranty, then I would for it. Most important is to get some type of warranty. Hope all goes well for ya!
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I've never purchased refurbished, but if you can get a good enough deal that beats out the retail price and you can get a warranty, then I would for it, make sure you get all information about them before purchasing one and talk to several dealers also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i havent had any issues with any refurbished items
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2011