I do not know what to do....WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE IN MY SITUATION?

I started a job about 2 months ago and it is really stressing me out. I teach 3 and 4 year olds at a government funded daycare. We have a lot of cps cases and MAJOR behavior issues. These are the most ill behaved children I have ever met in my entire life. I have 2 child of my own ages 4 and 1.5 years. I will not even allow my children to go to this daycare because it is SOOOOOO bad! I pay a family member to watch them for me.

I am 4 months pregnant. I am hit, pintched, kicked and spit on all day long. I repeat myself like a thousand times a day! There are a couple of kids in my class who are brothers and they wrestle with each other so much that they injure other students. They will NOT listen to ANYBODY AT ALL.

I frequently have to pick up children that are 35 lbs or more in weight to get them off of each other or to get them to time out when they are completely out of control when my doctor gave me a weight lifting restriction of 25 lbs maximum.

I am so stressed out everyday that I frequently cry throughout the day and every single day when I leave work. I am so tired and in so much physical pain by the time I get home everyday that I can barely move, let alone play with and care for my 2 children the way I want to.

I do not get to go to the bathroom but 1 time in almost 7 hours IF that and I have had 4 UTIs since starting there which my doctor says is not safe because it can cause preterm labor.

I am seriously stressed beyond words. I want to quit so badly. I am seriously bawling just writing this because I know I have to go back there tomorrow!

The thing is the money does help but I do not know if the money is worth the stress I am putting on myself and therefore my unborn baby!

I know this is ultimately mine and DHs decision but WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I must be an idiot because I'm not understanding you. Would I keep my job and risk losing my child or quit my job and protect my child? Is that what you are asking because the answer is too obvious to me!!!
    Anonymous

• QUIT!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'd Quit. No doubt I would quit that job. No job is worth all of that stress, if you're miserable then just put an end to it.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• LEAVE: it is not worth the money and you can do other things to supplement for cash. Also, as you know, you can't adequately "correct" the behavior in all these kids and even if you did, the parents are clearly not doing it at home. It's a lose, lose. You are a saint for doing it but it's time to realize it's not healthy for you. Give notice and look for other opportunities because your health isn't worth it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would see if I could cut some things out so that I didn't have to go back to work. If not, you have the experience in the daycare, could you possibly bring a child or two into your home to watch? Think about maybe overnights. There are a lot of moms that need a babysitter to work nights. I would not risk the health of myself and unborn baby. Until you have been in a situation with a violent child, no one understands. It's not normal child obnoxiousness. Your other children are suffering because of your stress and lack of attention. I'm all for helping others, but sometimes we have to take care of #1 so we are fit to help others. Good luck in whatever you decide.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would quit immediately. No 2 weeks notice or anything just quit. You are pregnant and could lose your baby to all this stress and not to mention one of the kids could hurt the baby. QUIT, QUIT, QUIT!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Your health and your baby's health are by FAR the most important things here. Yes, income is important too, but income means nothing if something serious happens to your or your baby. Please take care of yourself - I think you know what to do. No one should have to be that miserable, it's unhealthy, and especially not someone who's pregnant!! GL mama. <3
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• sweetie i wouldnt work anywhere that put me in that much stress -not only is it not good for you and the stress you are putting your unborn child in but it isnt good for those children at the day care whom needs help --i would quit if it was me -there is no job that could pay me enough to put my unborn child at risk ---why dont you get a couple children to watch in your own home --good luck hon
    needtochat

Answer by needtochat at 11:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• This is a really sad statement about some day cares and about parenting. It's just downright awful. Our poor teachers and caregivers...
    Anonymous

• Thank you for all of your advise. I really appreciate all of your answers. I know what I have to do. It is just hard to let go of a thousand dollars a month in income but I know it is not worth it.

I do hope you ladies understand though that I was NOT trying to put my babys life at risk. I was just trying to help my family out.

Again thank you for all of the answers. I really appreciate the supportive words and understanding.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2011