Is it still ok to use sunscreen 3 yrs after expiration?

We used it last yr which would have been 2 yrs after expiration and it worked pretty good but its the Huggies brand which is very expensive so I dont want to buy another bottle if I dont have to. I will also be putting it on my little ones who are 13 months and 4 yrs old, is there any harm in putting expired sunscreen on? I read that all it does is just break down the igredients which wont provide as good of a protection against the sun. What do you think or know?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Sometimes it can burn a bit so I'd call the company and ask but my answer is no. It's a bummer but chemical burns are not good either.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It may not be as effective due to chemical degeneration. I would NOT take the chance on my kids!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• it will work
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2011