Does your child sleep walk?

My son has a few time, every now & then.
Last night, he came to my room, in a voice like he was going to cray saying.. they won't be here or they can't get here.
Other times: he went to his sisters room & asked her for a certin book. Once I heard him, he was standing in front of the tv. Of course, it was tuned off but he just standing there, like he was watching it

Anyone else have these experiances?

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes! Both of my kids do, and it can be freaky. The 4yo appears at my bedside in the middle of the night, babbling about things, and I'll ask her questions but get no response. Then she just turns, blank-eyed, and goes back to bed. The 2yo will be wandering around her room at night, and I'll go in there, thinking she's being naughty, but if I touch her she snaps awake and starts crying in terror. I've learned to just gently steer her back to bed and lay her down! Eeeek.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• yes my 10 year old dd sleep walks all the time, I do it and have done it since I was little but never remember it, she doesn't remember either, but out of my 5 kids (as of right now) she is the only one that does, it freaks my hubby out cause she walks & talks weird but I just laugh cause I know she is just sleep walking.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• One of my kids did this for a short while when he was younger but now he's a sound sleeper.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Before we moved my dds shared a room, they were like 5 & 3 yrs old. My oldest was talking in her sleep. I heard her yelling at her sister, stop it, stop it. I go running down the hall - the oldest sitting up in bed talking & the younger one sound asleep.

Ya, that's what my son did lasy night - came to my bedside. I've tried talking to him but he never makes any sense.
    SassySue123

Comment by SassySue123 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011