Is it appropriate to get my boyfriend something for fathers day if...

the baby isnt born yet? She is due soon, beginning of July. He didn't do anything for mothers day, which I didn't expect...no biggie. Just wondering if it would be to weird, and what I would even do for him?!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 11:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe a cutsie card. Since he didn't do anything for you, you don't want to make him feel guilty with a gift.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I don't think it's inappropriate. Just because the baby isn't born yet doesn't mean you aren't parents.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I don't think it's weird at all...I got my husband fathers day gifts when I was pregnant with our daughter.
    BananaMuffins

Answer by BananaMuffins at 11:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It's sweet, not inappropriate. When I was pregnant with my son I gave my husband a little onesie that said I LOVE DAD. Something small and sweet and he loved it.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i think thats is so sweet and if you want too go for it -mothers are always in the spot light but dads are in the back seat most of the time -im sure it would make him feel like hes part of it -i never do anything because it was or wasnt done for me ,i do it cause i want too --follow your heart ---
    needtochat

Answer by needtochat at 11:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Cuff links or a bottle of Old Spice might not be your best bet, but something for the dad-to-be is a great idea for Father's Day, and a great way for him to have another way to pre-bond with baby. You have a leg up, what with being the pregnant one, and all!

Some ideas could be a dad shirt for baby (I <3 Daddy), or a shirt for dad (my DHs best friend gave him a T-shirt for Father's Day when we were pregnant with our first; it said "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Father"); a box of cigars or pink bubble gum cigars for that "proud dad" moment; a Father's journal (yeah, yeah, not super manly) or pages from the baby book for dad to record his thoughts for baby; or, even though I joked about it at first, a small bottle of Old Spice (you're going to be a dad; time to start smelling like one! - haha!).
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• it's totally appropriate when i was pregnant with DD my husband bought me a mothers day ring and i got him a PS3 and she was born september 23 so go for it congrats
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 12:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It's appropriate - I did for my ex-husband when we were expecting. I was 9 months when father's day came. He should have acknowledged mother's day for you though in some way in my opinion.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2011