Do any of you go without air conditioning in the spring and summer?

I wish we could, but it's been in the mid 90's here and we have extremely high humidity. How about you northern gals? How long into summer can you go without the a/c?

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No a/c here. We have a swamp cooler we use on 95+ days but mostly just hang out in the creek near our house or in the basement. I've never liked a/c, makes me too cold, which I don't like. I usually just use it in my car, especially driving through the desert in the summer from CO to Los Angeles.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i live on the coast in Canada . We have no a/c as we do not need it . There are not many days when it so hot that a/c would be nice, so we make do with fans then.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I live in Northeast Georgia with no a/c in the house. It's been near 100 with high humidity. Some days would be nice to have a/c in the house, but for the most part it's not bad. I grew up in South Florida with no a/c, so I guess I'm used to it now. Sometimes I think that the fact I don't have it helps me deal with the heat a little better. But I definitely run it in the car. We have a minivan and need the air circulation in there.
    LilLady75

Answer by LilLady75 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• We had ours on this weekend! I'm in New England.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'm in California. I don't want to risk heat stroke and/or death from not running the a/c. As it is, there are cooling centers set up around my town for people who don't have air conditioning.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• How far north? I live near Kansas City MO & its already hot here. Humid & hot. blah. I love air conditioning.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• We're in CA but summers are still usually pretty mild since we're near the coast. We don't have central AC but I do have a portable unit that we roll out for the few days that it does get unbearable.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I wish I could! I live in Arizona and it would just be miserable without it. Our energy bill almost doubles in the summer.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The only time my a/c isn't on is when my heater is on. I live in FL, btw.

sun

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• North of Tennessee...I lived in Arizona in '93 and fell in love with the climate there...It spoiled me...I miss it.
    Ruthmom802

Comment by Ruthmom802 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011