Was your current house "love at first sight" ?

Mine had to grow on me, but now I have fallen in love with this house and my yard...I love coming home. My yard is like an artist's pallet...I have so many ideas for making it look better...

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• for me it was, DH hated it. its my dream starter home. its tiny (1100 sq ft) but we're just starting our family...babies dont need a whole lotta space. i had to paint every wall to make it truly my house & we've got to redo the bathrooms & the backyard patio, but thats what makes it ours. we'll out grow it eventually, but for now its perfect!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I love my home but my backyard needs TLC.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Someday I would love to have a fish pond.
    Ruthmom802

Comment by Ruthmom802 (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I married into my house, so I don't think I even saw it at first sight because I was too busy falling in love with the man.

But I LOVE my house because it is my home. But I've spent 7 years repainting, reflooring, and redecorating. And I'm not done yet!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• No-
    I just did a 2 floor addition and in July I start on a full kitchen remodel. We bought for location ( steps from from the beach). The house will be lovely once we are done. We hope this is our forever house-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Hi, Sisteract:
    Which beach do you live near? I just got back from Panama City Beach, FL. It was beautiful this time of year.
    Ruthmom802

Comment by Ruthmom802 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Nope, mine was a foreclosure! We have totally remodeled it and are still currently working on little projects here and there. Everyday it gets a little bit better :)
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• loved my house but my yard needs alot i mean alot of tlc and so do next door people lol
    tjmommy2010

Answer by tjmommy2010 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Oh heck no. It was a "this is what we can afford and we have to get something now" deal. 9 years later and I hate it more and more every year. We're finally in the position to start looking at buying up, but I cannot for anything find anything I even like, much less love, that's within our budget (we can't afford a $500k home, lol!).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Nope, mine was inherited from my grandfather, and I hate it, but at the time it was convenient for us to move here because of a school we wanted our son to attend. The house was built in 1890 and, I swear, nobody had done a thing to it for at least 80 years. The house is a huge money pit for us, but like I said, convenient until our son graduates from his special school. Once he's out of school, we're hoping to find some acreage w/a house that we can farm seriously.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2011