Which name do you like better?

I'm due on Saturday and I still haven't decided on a name. I've been stuck between Carter and Nathaniel for a first name. The baby's dad likes Nathaniel, which I suggested, because of the meaning. But I've sortof thought of the baby as "Carter" ...but I'm not sure.
ALSO, my family members suggested I use James as a middle name, after my dad. Ever since that suggestion was made, I feel obligated to use James. But I've been toying with the idea of using all 3 names and giving the baby two middle names...
Carter Nathaniel James
Carter James Nathaniel
Nathaniel Carter James
Nathaniel James Carter
or should I just pick two names? I'm so lost! Please help lol

AndiAK

Asked by AndiAK at 11:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Baby Names

• I like Carter Nathaniel James :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It's so tough for me to answer questions like this, because I don't feel like it's my place! It's such a personal thing for Mom and Dad to decide. :) That said, I don't like the idea of using a name just because you feel "obligated". You know what I mean? If it means a lot to you to use your dad's name somehow, then by all means go with two middle names. But if you're only doing it to appease others, I'd forget James altogether.

Personally, I like Carter Nathaniel the best. :) Has a nice ring to it. GL choosing!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i can't stand a bunch of names, but that's just me. nathaniel james sounds great though!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Carter Nathaniel James
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'm with jessicarae.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i like the 1st one
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Im not one for two middle names, it just always seems way to long for me. I like both your name choices and i would pick Nathaniel over carter. What middle names were you thinking before your family made you feel obligated to use James? I think James is a wonderful name but I personally think you should choose a name you love and not because someone made you feel like you should.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I like Nathaniel James Carter. Do you know for sure you wont be having anymore kids? Because if you are, you could Use Nathaniel on one, and Carter for the other. Just a thought.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I never liked the idea of 2 middle names. I prefer Nathaniel James. Carter is pretty trendy - Nathaniel is more traditional. Plus it has nice nick names: Nate and Nathan.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i think carter james sounds nice so i would go with carter james nathaniel
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 1:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2011