How do i get my husband to help me clean and pick his things up around the house?

tayrebe2809

Asked by tayrebe2809 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Let me know when you hit the million dollar answer!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• what i did with my dh is put all his crap in a diaper box and said "do something with this crap or i'll burn it" now he picks up after himself
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• A lot of men have a hard time helping out around the house for some reason. Sit down with him and have a heart to heart conversation. Be pointed, but kind and see where it goes...
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think I've tried everything and I still don't know!!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• ok if you promise not to attack i'll let you know.......all i did was say babe i've made a list and today we are getting it done i realize you worked all week but the house needs to be cleaned lets do it......and yes this worked i am now sitting in my clean house and my husband actually looked around and said "ok so maybe it wasn't so hard"
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 12:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I remind my hubs that we BOTH live here and we are BOTH responsible for keeping the house clean and doing chores. If he does not pick up his mess in a timely manner then i will bag up his stuff and dump it all in his computer chair.... then he HAS to deal with it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I simply refused to be my husbands "mother"; meaning I will not pick up after him the way she did. That goes for helping keep the house up too. We BOTH live in this house, we BOTH "dirty" the house, therefore we will BOTH share in keeping up OUR house. I told my husband that by him ignoring the dirty tub/shower, dirty dishes in the sink, our piled up dirty laundry, & all the other things you "dirty" from day to day living, that he is sending me a silent message that he believes it's MY job to clean it all up. Nuh-uh, it dont work that way; that's insulting & unfair. And I dont buy the excuse "I didnt see that needed cleaned", because if I SEE it, he sees it!!! If your husband wont willingly help you out & do his share, then you have to change your behavior to show him you wont tolerate his anymore. STOP picking up after him, stop doing what he expects done everyday, & watch what happens.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 10:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2011