Why am I jealous?

I have a friend that just had a baby a few days ago and Im really happy for her but I also feel kinda jealous when I see pictures of him. I dont know why that is happening. I have a 4 month old and an 18 month old. Maybe my baby isnt "new" anymore and I miss that? Any comments?

price85

Asked by price85 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• ??? I have no idea why you would feel that way. Do you miss being the center of attention? I'm really not trying to be rude, I promise. I know some women like to have everyone "ooo-ing" and "awww-ing" over their baby - it's still attention to them. Is the new baby the opposite gender?

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• honestly i hate being the center of attention. yes i have a girl and my friend just had a boy. the thing is we never see each other she lives far away we just text and talk on face book. we grew up together. i dont know why im feeling this way. its not like we go to the same places and see the same people or anything. i dont know im confused.
    price85

Comment by price85 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Sounds like you are upset that you can't be there in this special time. I don't know if it's truly jealousy that you're feeling......You miss her and wish you could be there.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• New babies are like new cars, you smell one and you want one lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2011