Anyone have any 1st year unique party ideas?food?center pieces?appetizers?

loreli102207

Asked by loreli102207 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I'm actually planning a 1st birthday party right now. It's in 2 weeks. I'm crazy though. I've gone all out. The theme is Carnival. And let me tell you, it's turning into quite the circus. LOL.. I've got two bouncers, we'll have several game booths, hot dogs, burgers, popcorn, snow cones, cotton candy, everything is red and white stripes. I'm so excited!

For my daughter in the past I've had Hawaiian themed parties with food to go with it and all the decor. You can also do a Fiesta Theme. You can keep it simple Depending if it's a boy or girl.. you can do all sorts of things... you can do western (cowboy/cowgirl) with burgers and hot dogs, potatoe salad, etc. Use your imagination. It all depends on what's in your budget but you can make anything work.

Hope this helps.
    pilarash

Answer by pilarash at 7:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I have planned two first year birthday's and can tell you, the kids don't know what is going on and really don't care. Don't stress yourself out! Though you can do a photo college (sp?) of baby's first year for a gift table centerpiece. Check out familyfun.com, they have super, budget-friendly ideas for parties.
    firefighinmommy

Answer by firefighinmommy at 7:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• the only one who is going to remember is myou save it for the 13th party.
    shannon401

Answer by shannon401 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• make it easy on yourself so you can enjoy the party too. for my son, i did an animal theme, very easy to mix and match stuff you find on sale (his cake was a lion, very easy to make, check out a picture on my homepage). for food, i bought rolls and a couple of kinds of deli meat. set it up on the kitchen island with sides and let people serve themselves. it was very easy to set up, and i didn't have to spend all my time in the kitchen :o)
    JeffersonMom

Answer by JeffersonMom at 2:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2008