Can someone recommend good socks?

I seem to always buy socks that look old after about two washes. They get piled and look really ragged so quickly. Just wondering if anyone has a brand they love and where to get it. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Shopping

• I love socks LOL. Its one of those things I never get enough of and yeah kinda weird. I have all sorts. I have those fuzzy ones you can get at walmart for 2 pairs for $3.50, I have toe socks too. Both last pretty well even after washing. I also have regular white socks but dont buy the cheapest ones get the high pricey ones because they do last longer and dont look as bad. When you wash them use bleach and only wash them with other whites. I wash mine with my white towels and pillow cases in hot water with bleach.

Answer by gemgem at 6:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I like the 'Gold Toe" socks at Penneys. They seem to last a long time and hold up well. I wash all my whites separately. I don't use bleach though. i use Oxyclean.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I love Joe Boxer brand socks. They are so comfy. You can buy them at K-Mart.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 6:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I always get the No Nonsense ankle socks and Hanes ankle socks. They're nice and snug still, and I've had some of them for 5 years, and some for 2 yrs. They're great!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I love the wool sox from Costco that come in a 3 (or was it 4?) pack for 9.99. They are soft, don't itch, and never shrink. They last longer than any other sock I have EVER found. Love them
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 12:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Joe Boxer socks last the longest in my family.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:45 AM on Dec. 26, 2008