What are your thoughts on this? adult content

www.gothefucktosleep.net

I have a great sense of humor, but I'm not all that amused by it. But this guy is making a killing off this!! Check out the book...What do you think of it?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i think it's hilarious....would never read it to my kids but i doubt that was their intentions
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Not real fond of using the F word.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think it's distasteful. Bedtime is usually pretty happy around here though. I love to tuck my girls in and read them stories. And I even love when they call me back in for some cuddle time. I'm their mother, made to nurture. I'm not their warden trying to keep them in bed.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I agree with banana-bear. I see nothing funny about it. Sure some night I cant wait till my children go to bed, okay most nights but I love our bedtime ritual.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think it's funny. I might even buy it. 

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• LOL, funny, funny. There are days where i am like, just stay in bed already!!
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• LMAO...hilarious
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Hilarious, but not something I would ever read to my daughter!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I don't even know what the site is, the name is enough to make me not want to view it. It seems pretty tastless and tacky, but that kind of stuff makes people rich.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I've seen the book cover and it makes me laugh. Clearly not something you actually read as a bed time story to your children but funny in an adult humor sort of way nonetheless.

While I agree that it's my job (and pleasure) to nurture my kids as a mother, there are long days that bleed into even longer nights when I just. want. to. sleep. And sleep I would, if it weren't for the 8 year old child standing next to my bed at midnight saying "Can you pull my blankets back up for me?" or at 2am announcing "I was just thinking, can we make pancakes for breakfast in the morning?" OR the 6-yr old who perfectly fine and healthy RIGHT up until we tucked her in and now has aches and pains enough to rival the most arthritic 90 year old. About the nth trip to address such needs I'm identifying well with the title of that book and I'm honest enough to say it. ;-)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011