Would you purchase a house with no central air?

I'm trying to purchase a house and the one I really want doesn't have central air. It is just a smaller 2 br house and everyone says I'll regret living in a house w/ no central air. I would be able to get it put in by next summer and would prob not even be moving in until the end of August. It is priced right and everything else in the house is brand new. I think everyone has became spoiled but I remember being younger and having a window air conditioner which I'm sure a lot of ppl still do.

genagina

Asked by genagina at 12:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i loved the window air conditioner and do what makes you happy if you feel like your goin to like it go for it good luck
    tjmommy2010

Answer by tjmommy2010 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have never lived in a house with central air. So, yes, we bought one without central air. We have a window a/c in our bedroom and a fan in the hallway. The kids' room stays nice and cool. We also live in a smaller 2 bedroom house and we are very comfortable. We have no plans of installing central air.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• If it was the perfect house, and I could easily have it put in, yes, I'd do it. I cannot live without a/c.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would buy it and immediately call Daddy (Daddy does HVAC) With my dad working in the field he does I'm definitely spoiled. We had a window unit a long LONG time ago. The summers here are just too hot
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Before you buy it see if you can have the experts look at it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2011