ADVICE!!!!!!! What is your family doing for Christmas????

My hubby doesn't want to go to my side of the family for even 3 hours!! there is no hard feelings or anything between them.... but yet im going to his family later that evening. there's no IF ANDS or BUTS about to him. he said thats what he's going to do period dot the end..

Oh and we are only able to be in town on thursday morning until friday afternoon...

IS THIS FAIR???!?!?!?!?!!!

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• No its not but Id go without him and let him be by himself.
    Anonymous

• You already know the answer. you have to discuss it with him or go to your family alone. Communication is easy to avise, but harder to do when half the problem refuses. Let him know how you feel. I would also let him know you do not care for being TOLD like a child what you are and are not going to do for a holiday. Thats me.. I spent years letting people walk over me, I don't anymore. I say what I think.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My husband doesnt want to go to either of ours, so we just stay home all day, which is fine with me even though it's a little odd since I grew up having big family things for the holidays.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would tell him that there has to be a compromise. He can't expect you to not spend the holidays with your family too.

Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• A lot of families are like that... but they go to one's family for Christmas, one for Thanksgiving etc... or do one day with one, next day with other... it's all about compromise. Don't miss the time with your family. I'd give anything I have to spend another Christmas with my parents. His family will understand if you go to yours for a little while. Talk with your MIL if you can, Mom's have a way of helping their sons see things in a female's point of view better than we can. Explain that you don't want to not be there for theirs, but you want to see your family too.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• That's not fair at all. Something is going on. Maybe something happened that you don't know about and he would be really uncomfortable. Go to your families alone and you don't have to go to his families with him.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• GO WITH OR WITHOUT HIM, REMEMBER YOUR FAMILY TOO .TELL HIM HE IS WELCOMED TO COME IF HE WANTS AN HOUR OR SO IS NOT BAD IF HE REFUSES THAT IS HIS PROBLEM YOUR FAMILY MIGHT NOT BE TO HAPPY ABOUT IT BUT AT LEAST YOU ARE THERE AND THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT FAMILY! YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO HIS FAMILY IF YOU DON'T WANT NIETHER.
    Anonymous

• COMPROMISE NOT CONTROL
    Anonymous