I cant sleep without him!!

I wanted everyones opinion, or similar experiences with my "problem". Me and my fiance have only been together for about a year and a half. . 11 solid months of that he spent deployed in Afghanistan... so physically i was alone every night for that time. It was the hardest thing for me, especially when i moved across the country alone for the first time into his house and where i knew NO ONE, while he still had 4 months left in his deployment. Nights reminded me that i was truly without him, and because of the 10.5 hour time difference i knew it was when he was getting up and going out on missions to fight. I got pregnant 3 days after his return. My biggest problem is if he is home.. i can not go to bed without him. I will stay up and watch him play video games, or a movie, or just wait until he is tired enough to sleep until i do. im 17 weeks pregnant and still get exhausted. But i need him to be laying next to me.. and to feel him in order to fall asleep. Is this weird, unusual, or bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Not at all unusual. I used to have serious trouble sleeping without my DH, pretty much right after we started sharing a home. I acclimated to having him there, and when he started being gone overnight on volunteer firefighter shifts, I was just lost!! It's even harder when I know he's home but isn't in bed yet; it really messes with me somehow. Unfortunately, I had to start getting used to it because he works late these days and needs time to unwind after he gets home, and I have to be up early with the kids. One thing I started doing was watching some of our favorite TV shows (the ones we like to watch together) in bed. It helped me feel closer to him for some reason, and I could relax a little more and fall asleep. You probably feel the need for extra comfort and reassurance during your pregnancy, too, so I totally understand. I hope you can find some way to make it easier on you. :( You need sleep mama!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I don't think it's weird at all. It's very comforting to have the person you love wrap their arms around you! I have become so use to having my s/o beside me; that I can not sleep if he is not there. I don't feel relaxed and am on edge when I am alone. That is why it's been a living hell on me for the last 2 months (I work nights now; he works days). I go to work on 2-4 hours of sleep; and end up crashing after three days like this. I am addicted to 5 hour energy drinks; and use them to get through the night.

Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 1:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2011