Has he really moved on?

My ex says he cant see me because I'm married and he cant handle seeing me with someone else. But he's moved on and has a GF. Has he really moved on or is it BS that he cant look me in the eye because I have a husband- and its because he really hasnt moved on?

I dont care if he's with his girl.... I just wish we could be friends sometimes. No REAL big, just curious what others think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Maybe he's not very happy with his current gf, and gets too jealous when he sees that you're happily married (or are you?). If you're married, why do you feel the need to see your ex??
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I have a couple of exes that I don't think I could see with someone else. We could maybe be friends on the phone but a regular relationship wouldn't work for me. It's not that I want to be with them, it's just that I loved them so much that a part of me will always love them, even if I can never be with them again in a romantic kind of way.
    I've moved on, and married, had a family etc and don't want to change things, but I don't think I could see him with her... would hurt me too much just knowing he loved someone else as much or more than he did me, let alone seeing it. And I'm sure it's the same for at least one of them.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Nah, i dont feel the need to see him. I dont really care, i was curious. My question was if he moved on- there is nothing wrong with being friends with an ex. i am happily married.
    Anonymous

• then why even trip about him? my exs i could care less about out of sight out of mind. what does your husband think of u stressing ur ex?
    ur happy then move on and b happy get different friends.
    Anonymous

• lol first of all- not stressing. secondly- my husband knows all about it thanks and could give two shits. i'm not worried, i was just CURIOUS

i have tons of other friends. and am completely content. it was a question- not about my life. =)
    Anonymous

• I am assuming you have a child with him, otherwise there were is no reason to keep him in your life. If that is the case then just do what you need to do to follow any custody arrangement. I know it is never ideal or what people say they want, but in such cases it is often best to treat things like a business arragement, at least at first. If you don't have a kid then don't worry about being his friend, don't even talk to him.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 7:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't think he HAS moved on. I have an ex like that. He couldn't see me for the longest time after I got married. He's just barely opening back up and being my friend. He said he had moved on but he hadn't. If he truly has moved on then it wouldn't bother him at all to see you with your husband, he would be happy for you glad to see you with someone who loves you so much.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Some people just don't understand people like us. I'm good friends with several of my ex's. There is one ex that I did not remain friends with because of him, not me. I would still think that maybe he's not completely over you. If he was, he'd be happy to see you happily married. I'm happy for my ex's who are in great relationships. I don't see them a lot, but when I do, there's no tension. So, maybe it'll take more time before you can see each other before he feels comfortable. Good luck momma and to everyone else: some people can be friends with their ex's and it's OK! It doesn't mean that they want anything to do with them or be with them. Some of us treasure time that we were with other people because it led us to where we are now. I don't regret any of my relationships and still enjoy seeing some of them. I only love my husband and my one son with him. Being friends doesn't equal having children or wanting anything else!
    MathMom28

Answer by MathMom28 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• it shouldn't matter what the reason is, you both have someone. Leave the man alone
    Anonymous

• Maybe he just can't stand to look at you. You're an ex for a reason. But he doesn't want to be a jerk and just tell you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2008