I really want another but...

We have a boy and girl and they each have their own room, and we have huge birthday parties, and do alot of extra activities and dinner, etc and I feel like if we have another one it will take from them. My hubby will start the police academy in 4 months and I get to go back to school in the spring and I will graduate by the time my youngest starts school ( I want to be a teacher) and we can buy a bigger house with more property and vacation more.... but I still feel like I want another child. I cant even set up the appointment to have my tubes tied (or my hubby snipped) What to do?

summerbudbud

Asked by summerbudbud at 6:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think you are ready for another child mentally but you should wait till school is over and you have a steady teaching job so your life feels like its on track and you wont feel like its another thing to add to the list of things to do and all your kids will have all the attention they need and you wont feel so rushed like you have too many cooks in the kitchen.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I agree, it sounds like you (and your hubby) should put off the sterilization idea and just wait another year or two until you can make the decision without doubt. It may turn out that you find yourself content with what you have in that time, or you may find the urge to have another child has grown stronger. Don't make any drastic (nips/ties/cuts) until you are certain you don't want to have another child. It sounds like you have a lot of great plans, so move forward with your life and what will be, will be. Good Luck!
    thadams

Answer by thadams at 8:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Sounds like you want more materials and in order to afford how you dream of living, you better stop having kids now.
    Anonymous

• I dont consider myself materalistic (sp) I just want my kids to have 100% of me and all the fun stuff that usually takes money. My hubby is one of four and he comments alot about how he didnt have alot of one on one with his parents and how much more money and patience it is to take out 4 children rather than 2. I just dont want my children spaced too far as my oldest will be 7 in 2 weeks. Going back to college does sound wonderful though!! Oh I dont know... but please feel free to keep leaving nice comments and suggestions!!! Thanks so much!!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 10:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2008