How do you feel about adopting outside of your race?

or outside of your country? Im half black and white so it obviously doesn't matter to me, but I was just curious to hear others opinions.

alboston

Asked by alboston at 1:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Adoption

• I think all children deserve love and it shouldn't matter what color their skin is. If you are willing to open up your home and heart to a child it shouldn't matter where they come from or what they look like because they deserve to be loved just like everyone else
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I'm all for it! A baby is a baby in my eyes. Our family is white but I would give any child a home.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My youngest is of a difference race than the rest of the family, just happened to work out that way. Our kids are our kids =)
    yo_ho

Answer by yo_ho at 2:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I don't see why race should matter; A baby is a baby and deserves to be loved no matter what! They didn't choose the color of thier skin; so why hold it against them?
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 2:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I really don't know. I mean most of the time I see parents adopting kids from Russia and it always seems like it's a bad experience because I think the orphanages over there treat the children like shit! And then I think about pulling a child out of their natural environment having it being a culture shock for them if they're at a certain age where they understand that they're different from other people and children. So in that aspect I would be very leary but would try to keep an open heart. But children do need homes all over the world. My mom was born in Okinawa and adopted by an Air Force family. She was raised well...unless she's leaving out details she doesn't want me to know about(my aunts have told me different stories). But anyway, adoption is a comendable thing to do, b ut sometimes it takes alot of thought and consideration, regardless of what your race is.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:46 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i see nothing wrong with adopting kids outside one's race or country. BUT it is not for me. i will not adopt period. I don't have the patience to raise a kid i didn't birth I am being honest with myself.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Wouldn't make a difference...every child deserves to be loved and to have a comforting and happy home:)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 3:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I obviously have no issue with it as our daughter is adopted from China.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• When I fostered and then adopted I was open to any race, any age, any time:) I couldn't imagine picking races I was comfortable with and others that I was not.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 8:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have no problems with it. I'm mixed and both of my 'parents' are white.
    MrsBridges19

Answer by MrsBridges19 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2011