Need advice

How do I get my husband to be more supportive of me wanting to breastfeed.he's very supportive in anything else .he always has been.but everytime I bring it up he says I don't think its a good idea...he says breastfed babies never sleep cuz they are always hungry,they are always smaller than bottle fed babies.we have 2 other kids .both of them were bottle fed.and I wanted to bf both of them but I wasn't comfortable with it.but I want to bf this time.so what can I say to him to get him to be more understanding....

ZACANDZOIESMOM

Asked by ZACANDZOIESMOM at 1:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Every baby is different. I breastfed both of mine and my youngest, now 3, slept all night and only woke up to eat about 3 times a night and only for a few minutes. Bottle feeding means buying formula, and bottles, Getting up in the middle of the night to clean and fix a bottle, no fun!
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• they wake up about the same really.. I did a bottlefed and the rest of my girls have been BF and I love the convenience and ease of breastfeeding! So.. have him realize the benefits to HIM and how he'll have to wake up less and have less cleaning to do, smaller diaper bag, etc.. you can sell it!! He may feel he is going to be left out of the whole newborn experience, he can get up and bring the baby to you and snuggler her after the feeding... I dunno.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 8:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• NO BOOBS, NO OPINION! Do what is best for you and your baby :)
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2011