Has anybody been to Disney over the 4th of July?

Is it a complete zoo down there over the 4th? I would LOVE to take my daughter there this summer, and I know they do a lot of special things (fireworks, etc) for the 4th of July. I would like to know your opinions? We wouldn't be riding a lot of the rides...she's only 3 and I'll have a 6 month old baby too, so we would be more interested in visiting the princesses and doing the parades and visual things. She is at the perfect age where everything will still be magical for her, but I would like to know if the extras they do for the holiday are worth the crowds that are probably there that weekend.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Travel

• I work at Disneyland in California and summer is pretty packed. It lets up a lot at the end of August, but from spring break up to that point it is a little heavy. If you have small children I do not recomend going on busy weeks and holiday weeks because there is a line for EVERYTHING, and lines are not fun with a restless, no-nap, over sugared kid! Trust me I have worked ther about five years and also have an almost three year old, and it is much more fun for that age when they have room to run around and expierience it on thier own and not have to worry about looking at things from afar and through a crowd.
    crissym45

Answer by crissym45 at 2:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I've been to all the Orlando parks during the 4th of July. I don't think it's any more crowded then than any other time. There is a section of the park that is designed for small children with rides just for them.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 1:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Disney in the summer is pretty packed. There are much better times of the year to go than the summer time, but of course if you can't get the time off for the other times, then you can't. Disney is much less packed Jan - Apr and again in Sept- beginning of Nov.
    On the Disney site there is a link where it will tell you the best times to visit, July is definitely one of the worst times.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008