Do you drink when you think you might be pregnant or do you take the risk thinking that you aren't?

I had a midouri sour a couple times last week, even though I thought I was getting symptoms of being pregnant. I still haven't tested yet because I've been waiting for my period to come around, but I'm picking up more and more signs that I might be pregnant and I'm starting to feel guilty for drinking those midouri sours.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i tested right after july 4th weekend but mine was a totally unexpected thing. i figure anything i did before i knew i was pregnant did not count because how did you know. i mean i couldn't do anything about it. i had no signs or symptoms. as long as you just don't drink until you test so you know for sure you are not or that you are then it should be ok.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I am trying to get pregnant so I have modified a lot of things in my life. I personally never drank much before TTC, but now I don't drink at all.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i drank moderately in the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy, I didnt find out I was pregnant until about 11 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it.  Moderation is key.

nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 7:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I drank before I found out I was pregnant, and the doctor said not to worry about it. (I found out at 5 weeks)
    Now that I'm TTC, I don't drink the last 2 weeks of my cycle. When I had my first IUI, we went out to eat with my mom the night before. She ordered a Pina Colada and I said it was making my mouth water. She told me to get one, and I wouldnt' do it.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 7:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I drank and smoked before I found out I was pregnant with my first baby. Mind you they told me I had miscarried too so I thought I was good to go and went on with my life. I found out 2 months later I had not miscarried and my ob/gyn was an idiot. The baby was fine thank God but dont beat yourself up. It happens more often than not.

Answer by gemgem at 7:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Don't feel guilty!! I think i might be pregnant and every now and then (maybe once a week) i have 1 drink.. Once you find out, make the life altering decisions!! Until then if you worry too much or stress yourself out, that's worse than alcohol to the baby!!
    youngartista

Answer by youngartista at 1:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• honestly when i got pregnant this time around it was unexpected and i didnt know i was pregnant until about 10 weeks i drank til i found out. im young. i never drank around my 1 year old i would go camping on weekends and my mom kept her. thats actually how i got pregnant lol. but i think your safe. im 39 weeks pregnant now and baby is just fine. actually think im in labor!! or possibly about to be.. GL!!
    lovemybabies923

Answer by lovemybabies923 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• If you think you might be pregnant you deff should not be drinking, the little you did drink wont hurt the baby so dont worry. Just dont do it again until you know for sure.
    alexareh

Answer by alexareh at 3:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• i think even if you are prego u should be just fine even tho you had a few drinks
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 4, 2011