Could I be pregnant?

Ok, ladies, the question of the decade: could I be pregnant? I'm 28 years old, married, have never been pregnant, blah blah blah :) Anyway, I stopped taking BCPs in December '10. LMP was 3/24/11 and nothing at all since then. My nipples are SORE, I have a dull ache (almost like a mild cramping) every now and then in my lower abdomen, my mom made the comment that my hair looked nice and shiny (no new shampoo, same old stuff!), my nose has been running like crazy and this morning I have a lovely sore throat, at times a big fat hamburger sounds good and at other times nothing in the world sounds good to eat, my face is shiny -- not greasy...just...well, different... I feel like I'm peeing every time I turn around... so many symptoms... except for "the one"... I have had a few negative HPTs... but I just feel "different"... it's really hard to explain... Anyone with a similar story? Advice? I've been reading a lot on the internet, and of course, you can find anything to fit any situation, and I've seen that although it is VERY rare, some women for some unknown reason never show hcg in urine (or blood)... Going a little crazy here!

Trying2011

Asked by Trying2011 at 6:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would go ask your OBGYN for a blood test. Could be you are, could be you want it so bad but you aren't. I hope you are cause it sounds like you want to be. Good luck!
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 6:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• It does sound like you might be. I have a friend who won't get a positive HPT until at least 9 weeks. :-/ I definitely say go get a blood test. Good luck!
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 7:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Take a test! good Luck!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 7:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Take a test!
    nctarheelmom

Answer by nctarheelmom at 7:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• go get a blood test or wait a week and pee on the stick... only ways to tell!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Go ask your OB for ultrasound confirmation. My BFF had taken 9 urine and 7 blood tests over the course of about three months. ALL of them were negative. Finally a doctor decided to do an ultrasound to see what her tubes and ovaries loked like and check for any other abnormalities. They discovered her 12 weeks 4 days babay girl. It's possible. Either way, wouldn't it be nice to find out what IS going on??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I had to take three pregnancy tests with our son. My doctor told me that sometimes it's just takes a bit longer to hsow up on the test strips, and some of the strips will give you a false positive.
    If you truly feel pregnant i would go in and have blood work, that's how we finally had proof that we were preggers.
    allysmom3

Answer by allysmom3 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Well ladies... thank you for the words of advice/encouragement. After not having AF since March 24, she finally reared her ugly head this morning and came knocking on my door. I feel like a silly little girl, but I am so, so disappointed.
    Trying2011

Comment by Trying2011 (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2011