Anyone use an adult diaper vs. pad at that time of the month? Please read. adult content

I have ridiculously HEAVY bleeding every month on day 2 of my period. To the point that I don't leave the house (don't leave the toilet actually) unless I absolutely have to. I go through a pad every 5-10 minutes. Luckily, I work from home. Doctors have not been able to help so I just deal with it.

There are times when I have to be somewhere, there's no choice. I've toyed with the idea of trying an adult diaper. I bleed through pads, and subsequently through my underwear and pants - so quickly and wondered if a diaper - as gross as the idea sounds to me - might prevent that. Thoughts or experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in Health

• can you try that season whatever type of birth control to help reduce the amt of times a month you have to deal with it?
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 8:20 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I don't want to be on the pill, no need to be since hubby is fixed and I never felt right on any type of BC pill. Besides, my sis IS on BC and has the exact same problem so there's no guarantee that it will work.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• if its that bad cant hurt to give it a try... and despite that theres no real garentee that BC could help but you might consider trying it even though hubby is fixed.. but it may not be anything you can ever do anything about.. sorry know thats not much help.. theres partial hysterectomy as an option, pretty sure thats not what your looking for but it would help...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I really feel for you and wish I had some advice I could give. I can send a hug though. :-) ((((hugs)))

If you need to wear an adult diaper during that time of the month, I would. I wore an adult diaper for a full month after the birth of my youngest daughter. It was much better than a pad and it didn't leak though or get on my underware. If you need to you could wear the adult diaper and put a regular or overnight pad in it too so you have even more absorbency. Hopefully this works.

I thought I had heavy bleeding till I read your post. At bedtime I usually will wear 3 pads at once and still worry. I've toyed with the idea of adult diapers myself, but wasn't sure how to explain it too dh. (athough, maybe he would understand)

Hope this helps some. :-)

anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 10:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Sad to say I have tried this .I have one 2nd day gush that might rival your issues for that few minutes. There is something about the absorption of the adult diaper that doesn't seem to be on par with an overnight pad so I suggest you actually use both, the pad to absorb and the diaper for back up. I have also done a pair of undies then a pair of nylons and a pair of undies over that with pad and tampon which can get you through.

I have had all sorts of birth control issues but I have found almost no side effects with the Nuva Ring. You throw it in and bang you are done--no nauseau. It has made some big improvements in the bleeding and I have had no mood or nauseau or spotting or weight gain I have had with other methods.

I feel for you. I hope you find a solution.
    Anonymous

• I too have gone through the same thing. Tried the pill, but for various reasons wouldn't do it again. 1. I bled all month, 2. the hormones really mess with your system and 3. it's hard to conceive if you're on the pill. I've had mine for 35 years now and not one doctor will admit there is a problem. They tell me it's normal. It's not normal to be somewhere and get up from a chair and find you have had an accident. So I resorted to herbs, which really help. When it's that time, or just prior I take nettle leaves or stinging nettle. One in the morning and one at night. If I remember to take them, it not only alleviates that problem, but will lighten your period and make it shorter. Side effects are hair growth. Not where you don't normally get hair, but where you do it will grow faster, so prepare to shave more often and if you cut your hair you will have to visit the salon more often.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 4, 2011

• as incontinent, i have too. but yes i put out alot furing that period, and it holds it all fine.
    DiaperedMom

Answer by DiaperedMom at 11:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011