Would you allow your child....

ok so my bio dad has been in and out of my life since 15 and I am almost 29 (this month) now. I feel uncomfertable around him, but I feel uncomfertable around a lot of guys (from stuff that happened when I was younger). Anyway, he took a bath with his dd until she was like 9 years old and even then when she was 13 he would have her come and talk to him in the bathroom while he took a bath and that seems odd to me. Then she went to his house every other weekend for visitation rights and she slept in the same bed as him and his wife until she was 14 years old. Also my 3 year old has been potty trained since 21 months you don't have to ask her she will tell you when she needs to go potty, but he asks her if she needs to go potty like yesterday with me right there he would ask every half hour. I think that you shouldn't ask if mom or dad is around unles they are you know doing the dance or somthing or even then say I think she has to go potty. Well, he wants my girls to stay the night tonight. I told him I had to talk to dh about it. But really I am just thinking of what to do. Would you let your girls stay the night in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you are uncomfortable with him, then no, I wouldn't let your child stay there.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Hell no. I would tell him that you are not comforatble with the situation.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• NO
    No further conversation is necessary.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would not allow my girls to spend the night with anyone I felt uncomfortable with, so no. I agree, to me the bath and sleeping situations are inappropriate (I'm not against co-sleeping, but a girl that age should have her own bed). I would not leave my child in a home with that lack of modesty.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I am not against co sleeping either, but at that age is a little odd. She did have her own room and had her own bed, but she wouldn't sleep in it suposably. They bought her a water bed, bunk bed, futon, twin bed, day bed, ueen bed I think almosty every bed you can think of but suposably she wouldn't sleep in them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Yeah no I wouldn't, especially not if I felt as uncomfortable as you sound like you do! (I don't blame you it is a very weird/kinda pervy seeming situation). I would not let my kids stay over there, or be alone with him really.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Sounds to me like he's a child molester. I wouldn't ever have anything to do with him again. Reading your situation made me sick to my stomach. He needs to be reported.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• no if you dont feel comfortable around him dont let your kids be alone with him
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Kari727

I dought I can still report it since his dd is 16 now and he hasn't bathed with her since 9 besides the 13 thing and hasn't slept in the same bed with her since 14. She doesn't go over their anymore. She says he called her a whore and a slut, but he said he didn't say that so I don't know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• HELL no - he sounds like he molested his dd - no way to prove it - but DO NOT send your daughters to him.... that isnt smart... trust your gut feeling.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2011