Anyone ever lose one twin but have the other?

So I was pregnant lost the baby Thanksgiving. I just got a call saying I need to come in ASAP tomorrow becasue my levels are way higher than what it should be and they don't know why and what is going on till I have another tests. My mom has had 3 friends that were pregnant with twins and didn't know it and lost one but had the other. Has anyone had this happened to them????? I am hoping this is what is happening and it not be something bad going on with me!

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 7:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My SIL had an empty sac with my nephew. The doctor said it would hav eproblaby been a twin.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• How far along were you?
    Since it could of been a molar pregnancy.
    Which would show high levels.
    Anonymous

• I also wanted to say wish you luck i have had miscarriages,without any reasons why.
    We keep trying,hoping for the best which is what any one does even when they have never been pregnant but for us it's more diffacult as we know the worst outcome no baby once again to bring home.
    I have been told maybe god is telling you something,your not suppose to be a mom.
    Or at least you can get pregnant,like that makes it better.
    I believe,it is when you give you you will get nowhere.
    It's hard ,always will be but do what is right for you & wish you the best in it !

Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my friend was the result of that. her mom lost one, but at the next routine check, was still 4 months.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i have heard of this. its called disappearing twin syndrome. it hapepned to my sister in law too...you never know. best of luck!
    lacyboo

Answer by lacyboo at 11:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i had both of mine sorry for your lost...
    I have read most preg. start off with a twin. We never even know we are carrign them since they die off so early. like at 1st fight who will live type thing
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2008