Nooks or E-Readers and kids

My dd absolutely LOVES to read. I looked on my nook and found that there are several series that she likes available. I was considering getting her the new Nook. But I am not sure about the Kindle and what types of books it offers. Does anyone have one? If so can you see if it offers American Girl books, Series of Unfortunate Events, Eragon, Harry Potter, Narnia, Baby sitters Club, Wimpy Kid, or Dork Diaries or other books like that?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Kindle does offer them. I have one and love it! It is much lighter than the Nook.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You without the kindle can easily see if those titles are available for the the kindle. You just have to go to amazon's site and search through their kindle store.

Personally we are in the market to get one as well. I've out of the 2 have decided to go with BN Nook. (Now I'm just waiting to get the money for it). The reason I've decided to go with the Nook is because I can use epub and pdf versions of the books which means I can use books from google ebooks AND open domain sites. Which means I have more options and free materials available for me to use.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I love my Kindle. They do have kid's books available. And when she gets a little older, a lot of free classics.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think Id go with the kindle rather then the nook. They seem to be more compact. They have a lot of great kids books. My dd loves to read and this makes her love to read all the more. Good luck with your choice.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I think the kindle would be a better choice than the nook. It has a great selection of kids books and is light to carry.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• bump would like to see replies
    Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 12:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• My dd is 14 and LOVES her kindle. She was a reader before, but now even more so. She takes it everywhere.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 1:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I have read books on my Kindle that are for young kids (4th grade or so). It is a series called Gregor the Overlander and was wonderful! I would like to get my dd a Kindle someday as she loves to read as well.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Good question, I have been looking at both and think I will get a Kindle now.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• You can check the Amazon website to see what kind of books are available for the Kindle.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2011