How earlier is too earlier??

I use to put my daughter to sleep at 7 pm and she would get up at 7:00-7:30 am, but than the time change happened and screwed everything up. I still put her to sleep at 7 pm but she would wake up at 6 am (7 am old time). So now I have been putting her to sleep at 6ish. It just seems werid that she needs to go to bed so earlier. I've been trying to get her back on her old schdule but it's just not happening. Do you think it's ok to put her to sleep at 6 pm?

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow i don't put my son to sleep til 9:30 or 10.. but i'm sure it is okay. i just like my son sleeping in!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Kids have a tendency of showing you exactly what they need. If she needs twleve hours, definitely let her have it.

I'm sure she's just fine. Kids have an internal clock that usually operates by the sun (for now).

Course, I get tired around sun down too LOL
    OrdinaryFemale

Answer by OrdinaryFemale at 7:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Ordinary Female... very true... the sun gives us seritonin (sp) levels... registered though our eyes... so when the sun goes down our "happy hormones" go down too....
    *fun fact* birds absorb it though their whole head... so that's why they are up "at the crack of dawn" crowing away.... they are ODing on the sun... hahahah
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 7:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I put my child to sleep any time between 6 and 7 she sleeps till 6:30
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 7:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It is all about whatever works for you and your family. I have tried to keep my daughter up later at night so that she will sleep more in the morning, but she just gets over tired at night and then it is hard to get her to sleep. She is always asleep before 7. If things are working for you then keep going with it.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• We put our daughter down at 6:30 every night and she will sleep about 11 or 12 hours. The time change really screwed us up too!! She seems to get up an hour earlier now. But she can't stay up past 6:30, she gets super tired and cranky.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yea i dont put my son down till 9-10 and he sleeps till about 8..depending on his mood.He has his schedual..and after a month he still doesnt like it. I'd say just keep doing what ur doing. if you think 6 pm is too early, then start at 7-8 and just keep doing it. Sooner or later she will get used to the time change! good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• we put our boys down at 8pm..use to be 9..trying to bring it down.
    and they wake up around 8-10am..every once in awhile its 11. depending what we did the day b4. Its great. they take 1 nap..12pm-3pm.
    so i have sleepres..they are 17months
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2008